Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Your Zip-A-Dee-Do-Dah Tip for today

My WDW tip for today is a basic run down of the best of the best table service restaurants around the "world."

Magic Kingdom

Liberty Tree Tavern- Admittedly the Magic Kingdom doesn't have a large. The Liberty Tree Tavern has arguably some of the best food in on Disney property. My top three entrees on the menu are probably The Clam Chowder, The Chicken Pasta, and The New England Pot Roast. The atmosphere is also a definite plus in this restaurant because it has a real “welcome home” real to it with all the nautical knick knacks hung everywhere.

Hollywood Studios

The Fifties Prime Time CafĂ©- Let me first say that if you want the best atmosphere then go to the Sci-Fi Drive-in. My choice for best overall restaurant in the Studios has to be the 50’s Prime Time. As soon as you step into the restaurant you are at home……oh and you are now roughly eight years old (yes mom and dad too). Your “mother”, “father”, or “cousin” takes your order and then makes sure you wash your hands (Be warned…..they ask you what color the soap is to make sure you do). Then you watch old 1950’s TV shows until dinner is served. The food is traditional family dinners better than your mom used to make (with the exception of mom of course). The best items on the menu are probably the meatloaf dinner and the turkey dinner. All and all it’s a warm meal at a home many miles from your own.

Animal Kingdom

Yak and Yeti- All right I’m not going to go into too much detail on this one for two reasons. The first is that I have only eaten here once and the second it’s really the only sit down restaurant in the Animal Kingdom. What I will say is that the food is definitely good and if you haven’t eaten here before it’s worth a try. But there are enough quick service locations with good variety in the park that if you didn’t eat here you wouldn’t really be missing much. My favorite quick service location though is the Flame Tree BBQ (primarily the Ribs with Cornbread).

Now by far the hardest one

EPCOT

This really is a hard one because let’s face, you really can’t go wrong. That being said I have broken EPCOT into a couple of small categories.
-Best Food: Le Cellier- For those of you who don’t know, Le Cellier is the steakhouse in the Canadian pavilion. It has some of the best steak I have ever had and the pretzel bread that they give you at the beginning of your meal and it is AWESOME.
-Best Atmosphere: San Angel Inn- As soon as you walk into the Mexican pavilion it is immediately night time in a lively Mexican city. The neat thing about this restaurant is, much like the Blue Bayou in Disneyland that looks out on the Pirates of the Caribbean boats, this restaurant is right on the water that La Gran Fiesta Tour goes through. When you put this all together it leads to a great relaxing meal.
-Most Entertaining: Teppanedo- Your food is cooked right in front of you by a show chef…….do I have to say more.
-Best Restaurant at Night: The Rose and Crown Pup- This restaurant located in the England Pavillion has too types of seating. You can sit inside the pub around the bar OR you can sit outside around the World Showcase lagoon. So if you sit outside and you time your meal right you will have a breathe taking view of Illuminations while you eat.


This is only my opinion though. Everybodies taste is different and so I eat where ever you can and find your favorite place to eat.

Have a Zip-A-Dee-Do-Dah-Day!!!

P.S.
I want to try Iron Chef Cat Cora's new Greek restaurant, Kouzzina, at the Boardwalk resort so if anybody eats there then give me your feedback. I heard the Lamb Burgers are amazing.

2 comments:

  1. You forgot all the resort restaurants!

    Best Entertainment: Chef Mickey's (I got food poisoning there when I was a little girl tho...so I haven't gone back since)
    Best Food: ESPN Club - Ceasar Salad, Hot Wings, need I say more?
    Best Overall: Citricos is pretty much amazing...the food is great and the atmosphere is super-classy.

    Obviously I am missing a ton. :)

    Ash

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to focus on resorts at a different time but I definetly agree about ESPN Club because it has amazing food (yes I love the wings), it was the only place I could watch the Dolphin games, and it's on the Boardwalk (but that's for another article)

    And WOW, food poisoning at Chef Mickeys.......that must have been a fun vacation

    ReplyDelete