Tuesday, September 29, 2009

FOCUS DUDE!

Photobucket

If you are reading this blog then must have a passion for the Walt Disney Company, the College Program, and possibly future employment in the company. And the last thing you want to do while you are on the program is do anything to harm your chances of working for Disney again. That is why, if you follow only one piece of advice I have ever or will ever post it’s this one. First though look around you for a scrap of paper or a note card and any sort of writing instrument in your general vicinity. You have it? Great! Now write down the following in big letters:

“REMEMBER WHY I’M HERE.”

Now that you have that done stick it into your wallet, purse, or whatever you carry around with you. Make sure you always know where it is and when you start your program make sure you bring it with you. It only takes one day. On my program I knew any fellow CP’s who were sent home packing for making the stupid mistakes and thinking about only the short term gain and not focusing on the big picture. You do not want this to happen to you. If you tarnish your record by getting terminated or racking up reprimands then you make the job of the cast members in charge of the Professional Internships and casting in general real easy. So to conclude this post here are some points to focus on as well as some common mistakes to avoid.

Think about it

-You are there to work fun and have fun second. Yes you are in Disney World and it’s fun to explore the parks and Orlando in general but don’t skip work just to have fun.

-If you are a minor, it isn’t worth having a beer or going to a friend’s place to drink. They really crack down on underage drinking and if you are found with alcohol in a wellness apartment then you are also putting your roommates in danger of termination as well. Plus you don’t want to have to leave just because you wanted a buzz.

-Just because you are a cast member does not mean you have any more rights than a guest when you are in the parks. Point being, when you are in the park act like youare a guest because guess what.....you are. And don’t try to draw attention to the fact that you are a cast member when you are exploring the park, only bad things can happen.

-And finally I can’t stress this one enough because I was told about six people during my program that were termed because of it. Do not I repeat do not try to sneak anyone into the apartment complexes. If it’s too late at night then tough or they weren’t granted access for whatever reason, then tough. Trust me, it is not worth it to have them over for the night if it means you are putting yourself or your roommates at risk

Have a Zip-A-Dee-Do-Dah-Day!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Well that's only minorly a depressing entry. I mean smart, but what a serious tone!

    I'm seriously considering living in Non-Wellness if JUST for the fact that I don't want underagers to get me in trouble (I'm 21).

    And I am trying SO hard to nick always being late in the bud but I'm having SUCH a hard time doing it. I don't want to lose my future at Disney cuz of that. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know it's relatively serious and this blog is and will always be a lighthearted blog but I do want to make sure readers are warned and don't do anything that could potentially harm the great opprortunity that have been given.

    But again this is a light blog and I have just today's article which is a great one so yeah.

    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete