Tuesday, September 22, 2009

College Program Tip for Today

For the College Program Tip today I am continuing the piece that I wrote as my second blog article, What to and not to bring.

What you might not have brought but should consider bringing

An ID Lanyard-First off let me say this isn't really something you "need" to bring from home but it is definetly something that you will want when you are at Disney. You think I'm joking? One of the primary rules that you will have to follow when you are backstage and not in costume is that your ID needs to be visible or at least readily accessible. That being said, you don't have to have one of the boring lanyards like those that you were forced to wear in highschool. Disney has (for a fee) really cool and unique Disney lanyards for their castmembers. I personally have a Steamboat Willie, Disney villans, MKRO (Magic Kingdom Restaurant Ops), and Mickey Christmas lanyards that I still use even now that I am back in college. But whether you bring your own or get get one when you are here, make sure you have a lanyard for your ID........as Dr. Seeker on Dinosaur (Countdown to Extinction for those Disney purists) would say, "You'll be glad you did."

This is the Steamboat Willie one that I currently sport.
Photobucket

What you might bring but shouldn't

A Ton of Clothes- And I say a ton of clothes strictly because I believe some people brought cases of clothes that in fact weighted about a ton......or two. As a general rule I would say don't bring any more clothes than would fit into an airport regulation suitcase. I understand that you are moving from where ever you are from to live in Orlando for several months but you really don't need too much clothes. For a majority of your program you will in fact be in your costume, in fact you may even find yourself getting dressed for work and not taking off the costume until your ready for bed only to do the same thing the next day. So make sure you have what you need. I personally brought five pairs of pants (1 pair of jeans, 2 pairs Khaki shorts, 1 pair of basketball shorts, and dress pants) and something like ten shirts (a couple polos and t-shirts and a dress shirt) and I did pretty good. I know most people need more than that but again just try to bring what you need.


I say bring what you want but consider what I say and as always......wait I can't do it today because somebody *cough* Ashlie *cough* used my outro so for this time only.....

Let me think
Let me think

Okay and so

Have a supercalifragilisticexpialidocious-day

Okay not feeling that....eh I guess I can use the original so......

Have a Zip-A-Dee-Do-Dah-Day!!!

2 comments:

  1. ROTFL. HAHAHAHA.

    I'm still going to bring WAAAYYY too many clothes. I LOVE clothes AND I'm a girl. Packing will = painful.

    PS - It's time you knew my true identity...Princess Ash is for Princess AshlIE :). All Disney Princesses have to be original, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I corrected the spelling of your name your highness

    And comments are still blocked on your blog but good luck getting The Great Movie Ride......I had some friends that did it and absolutely loved in. In fact one of them went seasonal after their program ended and is still working there......I think.

    ReplyDelete