Friday, January 22, 2010

Let's Keep it Going....

Photobucket

We'll jump right in the action:

S Smells- Forgive me people because I don’t exactly remember whose comment it was on the Facebook group (let the lashes begin) but when I saw that, it seemed almost blasphemy if it wasn’t my “S.” Everybody that is reading my blog knows what I am talking about. It’s walking past a swimming pool and immediately being brought back to Pirates of the Caribbean. It’s eating a cinnamon roll in the mall and flashing to Main Street USA as you pass by the bakery on your way to the castle. I mean, can we agree that are few magics at Disney greater than the smells. (I think it was Jenn’s post…..but I could be wrong).

T There’s a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow- This is one of three being featured on this on this list. The first being Hakuna Matata and the second is on tomorrow’s list (if you don’t already know what it is then you haven’t been reading any of my blog posts). This song is really what Disney World is all about. Every year Disney becomes better and better. A single thought became Space Mountain brought forth Big Thunder Mountain and Rock n’ Rollercoaster which became Everest and who knows what next. I think one of the greatest Walt Disney quotes (and forgive me if I’ve already used this in the past) came from when he was thinking about Disneyland as a whole and he said, “Even the trees will grow; the place will get more beautiful each year.” I leave you with a portion of the lyrics and I want you guys to consider how they almost completely parallel the process from I want to do the College Program, to the work put into achieving the goal, and finally being at Disney World on the Program.

Man has a dream and that’s the start
He follows his dream with mind and heart
And when it becomes a reality
It’s a dream come true for you and me


U Universe of Energy-
If there is one ride at Disney World that is underrated to the extreme, its Universe of Energy. Let’s start with the music. In the words of the great philosopher Barnabas Stinson (look him up), “It is Legen………….I hope you’re not lactose intolerant because the second part is……..dary. Legendary. It is honestly in my top five Disney ride songs. It has a great cast: Jamie Lee Curtis, Ellen Degeneres, Alex Trebek, Bill Nye the Science Guy, and Michael Richards (Kramer). Point is, it’s a funny ride that’s relaxing on a summer day and if nothing else……hello, no line.

V Voices of Liberty- Show of hands, how many of you have gotten to the American Adventure a half hour before one of the shows just to watch these guys sing? They are absolutely amazing and very deserving of the “V” position (Don’t get angry Villains in Vogue). The best way to describe this Acapella group is simply 1 word 3 syllables: AMAZING. They generally do patriotic music but they will add one or two Disney songs to their performance. But who am I kidding, what’s more patriotic than Disney music Enjoy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mk4thV0n9J8&feature=related
*LETTER REWIND* Q QSFB (thanks Katie)- There are some rolls that have received bad raps and none more than QSFB (I myself fell prey to discounting it when I got my roll….especially since I REALLY wanted attractions). But then I did my program, 7 months in QSFB, and I couldn’t have loved it any more than I did. If I had to choose the greatest advantage to working QSFB, I would have to be the guest interaction. If you’re loading guests on a ride, the most you may get to say is “Have a great time” or “No, go to rows 2 and 3 not 3 and 4.” When you are working behind the counter, as a cashier, or even bussing, you get an opportunity to ask the guests “How has your day been? What was your favorite ride?” and there is nothing that’ll get a kid excited and talking like asking “What characters have you seen today?”



Have a Zip-A-Dee-Do-Dah-Day D-Fam!!!!

3 comments:

  1. S - Yes, that was my post. And I can hardly think of something that brings me right back to The World quite like smells.

    T - Probably my most favorite ride, and definitely my favorite song.

    It's funny how many Disney songs embody our WDWCP journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm going to feel dumb when i don't know tomorrow's song, haha

    ReplyDelete