Tuesday, October 19, 2010

So I'm No Expert.....Just Expertish

Photobucket
The World Famous Kitchen Sink



You can travel the world a million times, but you will never see it all. Alright, so I haven't been to Disney World a million times but you see my point, there will always be something you haven't seen or done everytime you go. I learned this lesson in a big way on the first day of my Summer Alumni program. You see, when I arrived, I was given an assignment at a restaurant that I knew nothing about.....Beaches and Cream.

Located in the EPCOT Resort's Beach Club, Beaches and Cream is a 50's style malt shop. Complete with soda fountains, jukebox with period music (there will be an entire post dedicated to this machine), and soda jerks (though I considered them okay people....get it, jerks....oh whatever), Beaches and Cream harkned back to a simpler time when burgers were 5 cents, sodas 10 cents, and touch screen registers were all the rage.

Beaches had great burgers and hot dogs and that sort of fare, but it was it's ice cream treats that brought in the crowds. I learned to make everything from an old fashioned banana split and hot fudge sundaes to Brownie Mudslides and Milkways. And then there was the Kitchen Sink, a really adventure an a half. This is the awesomeness that was the Kitchen Sink:
-Hot Fudge
-Caramel
-Peanut Butter
-2 scoops Vanilla
-2 scoops Chocolate
-2 scoops Strawberry
-1 scoop Mint Chip
-1 scoop Coffee
-Strawberry topping
-Pineapple topping
-Bundt Cake
-Banana
-1 Whole can of whipped cream
-Brownie
-Angel food cake
-4 oreos
-Handful of cherries
-All the small hard toppings (sprinkles and the like)
-MarchMallow topping
-Chocolate syrup
All served in a sink shaped bowl. And best of all, there's a challenge. If one person completes this everest sized behemoth of a sundae.....it's FREE (free at Disney is an award all its own.....the 2 weeks of stomach aches following are just a reminder of the victory). However, I saw grops of five and six come in and only get through about half of one. But they all have fun doing it. Which is why I encourage all of you out there to find a group of friends while on your program and try it at leat once.

Throw in some great CP's, the experience of working in one of Disney World's best Deluxe Resorts, and some good ol' fashioned pixie dust and you have one heck of a College Program. And to think, I probabl would have never experienced this Disney gem if I hadn't been assigned to work there. That is why I emphasize exploration on your program, you never know what treasures you'll find.


Have a Zip-A-De...wait what? You say I'm forgetting something? You say I didn't tell you anything about the costume I got to wear working at this unique location? Psshhh, you don't want to hear about that. It's boring. So as I was saying, Have a Zi......fine, I'll tell you about it, shesh. Close your eyes and pic.....no, don't actually close your eyes, how will you be able to read this with your eyes closed? Mentally close your eyes and picture a pair odd light blue pants being held up with a pair of eye blindingly yellow suspenders. Then think of every pastel color you can and imagine that as a slightly ruffly rainbow stripped buttoned down long sleeve shirt and just for fun, throw in a bow tie that matches those wonderful suspenders and there, voila you have a figment....er, I mean a Beaches and Cream Cast Member (of course, girls wear a dress variation of this pallet). I'll post a picture soon.

Now:

Have a Zip-A-Dee-Do-Dah-Day!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I am a fan of Beaches and Cream, though I never did try the Kitchen Sink... alas, maybe next trip.

    ReplyDelete